REGISTER FOR THE INSTITUTE
BOOKS & MEDIA RESOURCES
Learn more about SIOP® training for your district cohort.Request Information
The SIOP ® I Institute
Improve the Academic Achievement of English Learners
Upcoming Dates & Locations:See all dates & register
See The Agenda:
The SIOP® I Institute helps educators learn the SIOP® (Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol) Model to teach both content knowledge and academic language skills in ways that are proven to be more effective for English learners. During the two and half day workshop participants will gain practical skills to collaborate, share, and implement lesson plans that incorporate all eight components and thirty features of SIOP®, in order to teach content while developing students' academic and social language.
About the SIOP® Model
Based on years of research, the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP®) Model is a scientifically-validated framework for improving the academic achievement of English learners. Developed by Dr. Jana Echevarría, Dr. MaryEllen Vogt and Dr. Deborah Short, the SIOP® Model assists more than 450,000 educators in U.S. schools, providing administrators, specialists, coordinators and teachers with a practical, research-driven model of sheltered instruction.
Select a snapshot below to review SIOP® results from some of our school partners.
SIOP® Institute participants will gain an in-depth understanding of the SIOP® Model, the research behind SIOP®®, and the content; as well as practice in each of the eight components of the model. Institute attendees will also receive a brief introduction to lesson planning for the SIOP® Model.
By the end of the institute participants will be able to:
- Understand the SIOP® Model's scientifically-validated framework of sheltered instruction
- Become familiar with the eight components of effective sheltered instruction lessons
- Practice observing and evaluating sheltered instruction lessons
AgendaDownload a copy
Who Should Attend
- School & District Administrators
- Coaches & Specialists
- Classroom Teachers (K-12)
- Staff Development Specialists
Attendees receive complementary copies of:
Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners The SIOP® Model SIOP Training Manual
The SIOP® Model for Teaching English Learners - DVD
Discounts for SIOP® I Institutes
- Early Bird Discount: Receive $50 off each registration when you sign up 2 months in advance. Example: Register with form of payment by June 1st for an institute that begins August 1st.
- Team Discounts: Receive $100 off each registration when you enroll five or more participants in the same institute. A minimum of five registrations needed for discounts.